Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Disney On a Budget

My first travel request came a mere two months into my “becoming a travel agent” transformation. With a few training classes under my belt, I figured I was ready. Ha, little did I know what I was in for.

Here was my new client’s (hopefully) wishlist:
1. A visit to Disney World for entire family of five.
2. Perhaps a Disney cruise instead.
3. Better yet, combine the two-yes, Disney does this. It’s called a Land and Sea Package.
4. He didn’t want to pay more than about $5,000! (No, that number isn’t a typo)
5. And the best part? He wanted to travel during Easter break!

The travel industry knows there are several times during the year when the majority of people travel, and wanting to take advantage of as many people as possible, they raise their prices through the
roof. Those times are:

1. The summer months
2. Over the Christmas break
3. Easter/Summer Break

About 72 hours later, hair and nails chewed to nubs, I had to report back to this gentleman that what he wished for was entirely impossible. He calmly informed me that he knew that already because he had shopped around himself, but just wanted to see if I had any good deals to pass along. After much growling and gnashing of teeth, I realized I had learned several things during this process:

1. Not every quote will turn into a sale.
2. How to ask my fellow agents for help.
3. Where to go on the web to find information.

Even though you haven’t asked, I’m going to share with you a little of what I learned:

Land and Sea Packages-itinerary
Nassau
More Nassau
Passport Information
Disney's private island-Castaway Cay

You might be asking yourself, "Why is she giving me this information because now I can go book this myself and I don't need a travel agent". I'll tell you something else I've learned. Most people don't enjoy spending hours on the computer searching for travel information, but I do and have for years. Also, if you book this trip yourself through an online booking website, who will you call when something goes wrong? If you had booked through me like you should have done originally, you would call me. This brings me to another tidbit I recently learned. When I call a supplier (hotel, airline, etc.) with a request or problem, I just get a different vibe or feeling as a travel agent than I did when I was just a lonely only traveler. Wouldn't you rather have someone like me on your side when things go wrong?

Another common question, "Won't it cost me more to book through a travel agent?" Actually, no it won't. I only get paid when I make travel arrangements for a client and then I'm paid by the supplier. So, I'll say it again-Wouldn't you rather have someone like me on your side?

Until next time..

luv2travelwithme




No comments:

Post a Comment